Fatherlessness is at an all-time high and it’s time to press the emergency button. More than 20 million children live in homes without a father. Some fathers may be physically present, but absent emotionally. I believe this issue is effecting our schools, neighborhoods, prisons, hospitals and even the abortion rate. To become a father one must go through a process I call “the sharpened male.” A male must become a man first, then a husband, and this should transition him into fatherhood. We’ve messed this process up and have submitted to the “American masculine process.” The American masculine process is selfish, rude, evil and distorted. The American man is broken so this means the fathers are broken. When a father is broken, the children will be broken.
There are many stats that depict the many social issues that fatherlessness causes. The below are some examples that come from https://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics/
• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
• 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
• 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
• 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
• 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
Father Factor in Education – Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.
• Children with Fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school.
• Children with Fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school.
• Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school.
• Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities.
• 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.
There are so many stats I can give you about this issue. I am one king, priest and son trying to show you to the High Priest (Christ Jesus). Malachi 4:6 (“He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse”) shares something amazing that Christ it doing right now, but it will take men to make this happen. We must raise men up in the ways of God. Psalms 68:5 says, “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.”
If there is a problem in the nation you must look to the cities. If there is a problem in cities you must look to the neighborhoods. If there is a problem in the neighborhoods you must look to the fathers. Right now, males are running our communities and not men. God cares about the fatherless, the foster kids, the sick kids, the group home kids and so should you. Please stand with me Ashton L. Wilson (www.ashtonlwilson.com) Cole Jackson (https://www.medmentorcincy.org/) and Iloba and Katie Nzekwu (https://www.thevilledge.org/) to make this happen.